The President of the Republic of North Macedonia, Stevo Pendarovski, signed today the Decrees on promulgation of several laws adopted by the Assembly of the Republic of North Macedonia:
- Law on Unregistered Persons in the Registry of Births;
- Law amending the Electoral Code;
- Law on Public Prosecutor’s Office;
- Law amending the Law on the Council of Public Prosecutors;
- Law amending the Law on Defense;
- Law amending the Law on Inspectorate on the Use of Languages;
- Law amending the Law on Audio and Audiovisual Media Services;
- Law on Personal Data Protection;
- Law amending the Law on Urban Greenery;
- Law on the Management of the Movement of Cases in the Courts.
Regarding the request of the political party VMRO-DPMNE, President Pendarovski not to sign the Law on Public Prosecutor’s Office, the President said that pursuant to Article 75 of the Constitution, “The President is obliged to sign the Decree, if, according to the Constitution, the law is passed by a two-thirds majority of the total number of MPs”, and the Law on Public Prosecutor’s Office is one of those laws.
President Pendarovski also said that for possible objections to the constitutionality of a law, every citizen can submit an initiative to the Constitutional Court of the Republic of North Macedonia as a competent state body.