The Security Council is the highest advisory body in the Republic of North Macedonia that considers issues related to the security and defense of the Republic and provides suggestions to the Assembly and the Government.
President Pendarovski’s commitment, as President of the Security Council, is for the Council to meet regularly, once every three months, inviting both government and opposition representatives.
The manner of work of the Security Council of the Republic of North Macedonia, the manner of exercising the rights and fulfilling the duties of the members of the Council, convening and holding sessions, implementing the positions taken, initiatives raised and given opinions and proposals, informing about its work, as well as other issues related to the organization and manner of work of the Council, are determined in the Rules of Procedure of the Security Council of the Republic of North Macedonia.
The Council sessions are closed. In certain cases, the sessions may be public, as decided by the President of the Council.
Members of the Security Council of the Republic of North Macedonia are:
- Talat Xhaferi, President of the Assembly of the Republic of North Macedonia,
- Zoran Zaev, President of the Government of the Republic of North Macedonia,
- Radmila Sekerinska, Minister of Defense of the Republic of North Macedonia,
- Oliver Spasovski, Minister of Interior of the Republic of North Macedonia,
- Bujar Osmani, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of North Macedonia.
- Prof. Nenad Markovic, Ss. “Cyril and Methodius” – Faculty of Law
- Prof. Veton Latifi, South East European University
- Trajan Gocevski, Former Minister of Defense and university professor