The President of the Republic of North Macedonia, Stevo Pendarovski, to support the scientific and creative work of young people in the country, introduces the recognition “Successful Youth”.
The purpose of the “Successful Youth” recognition is to encourage the scientific, research and creative work of young people in our country, to increase their motivation for new achievements and to value their work.
The recognition will be awarded by the President of the Republic of North Macedonia, Stevo Pendarovski. Noting that he has no jurisdiction over the Commission’s work, President Pendarovski expressed confidence that the recognitions would value the best.
“This is a project that values the work of talented people, and the evaluation of the submitted papers will be done by outstanding professors, scientists, doctors of science”, President Pendarovski said at the opening of the session.
The recognition will be awarded on the basis of precisely defined performance criteria achieved during 2019 to the best young scientists in social, humanities, natural-mathematics, technical and medical sciences, as well as young people with significant achievements in artistic and cultural practices. Recognition will also be awarded to the categories of young innovators, talents and successful young people with disabilities.
The “Successful Youth” Recognition Commission, which held its constituent session yesterday, is made up of academicians, doctors, experts in specific fields, eminent university professors in our country and abroad. President of the Commission is Prof. Dr. Aneta Cekic, Professor at the Institute of Sociological and Political-Legal Research at Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje.
Other members of the Commission are:
– Prof. Dr. Marija Chundeva Blajer, UKIM – FEIT
– Dr. Andrea Arsovski, General Hospital “Remedika”
– Academician Ljupco Kocarev, MANU
– Dr. Tamara Kupeva, SUGS Gymnasium “Orce Nikolov” – Skopje
– Prof. Vladimir Martinovski, PhD, UKIM, Faculty of Philology – Skopje
– Anita Nikova, Executive Director – MASIT
– Dr. Vladimir Chadikovski, Acibadem – Sistina Clinical Hospital
– Prof. Dr. Boban Misoski, Associate Professor, UKIM, Faculty of Law – Skopje
– Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ana Chupeska, UKIM, Institute of Political Science – Skopje
– prof. Dr. Trajce Stafilov, UKIM, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
– Prof. Dr. Ivan Dodovski, American College Skopje
– Prof. Dr. Risto Soluncev, UKIM, Faculty of Philosophy – Skopje
– Prof. Dr. Marija Stevanovic, UKIM, Faculty of Dentistry – Skopje
– Academician Taki Fiti – MANU
– Aferdita Hadzijaha Imeri, Social Inclusion Expert, International Foundation for Elections and Electoral Systems
– Prof. Dr. Gzime Starova, UKIM, Faculty of Law – Skopje
– Prof. Dr. Petar Popovski, University of Alburg
– Prof. Dr. Ilija Dukovski, Boston University
– Dr. Elena Stavrevska, London School of Economics and Political Science
– Dr. Jane Bogoev, World Bank
– Prof. Dr. Zivorad Tomovski, UKIM, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
President Advisers’ Iskra Geshovska – in the field of culture, Fikria Tair – on Roma related issues, Maria Bashevska – on gender issues and Besa Arifi – on legal issues, will also contribute to the work of the Commission.
The public call for collecting applications for the “Successful Youth” recognition for 2019 will be announced shortly. Everyone who, by the end of 2019 turned 35 and has achieved significant results in the respective category, is eligible to apply. Exception is the sixth category – young talent for which only high school students are eligible to apply. By introducing recognition for successful young people with disabilities, the goal is to raise public awareness of the abilities of young people with developmental disabilities and to improve their inclusion in the educational process and in the society.