In the field of domestic policy, in accordance with his constitutional competencies, the President of the Republic of North Macedonia:
- determines the mandate for the composition of the Government of the Republic of North Macedonia;
- proposes two judges of the Constitutional Court of the Republic of North Macedonia;
- proposes two members of the Judicial Council of the Republic of North Macedonia;
- appoints three members of the Security Council of the Republic of North Macedonia;
- appoints and dismisses other holders of state and public functions determined by the Constitution and by the laws;
- awards decorations and recognitions in accordance with the law;
- grants pardons in accordance with the law;
- performs other functions determined by the Constitution.
The President of the Republic of North Macedonia performs his rights and duties on the basis of and within the framework of the Constitution and the laws.
Much of the activities of the President of the Republic of North Macedonia in the field of the domestic policy, are not defined by the Constitution and the laws and arise from his priorities dedicated to supporting political dialogue, promotion and support of youth activities, as well as projects and activities in the field of education, science, environmental protection, civil society, economic cooperation, promotion of the rights of vulnerable groups in society and improvement of inclusion.
The activities of the President in the field of the domestic policy include:
- visits at the local level – municipalities, local communities, educational and cultural institutions, etc.;
- meetings with citizens in the Cabinet and in the environments in which they live and work;
- participation in conferences and other events in the country;
- patronage of events of national and wider interest to the state;
- holding lectures as part of events organized in our country;
- awarding scholarships in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Science;
- activities related to the promotion of Macedonian science and innovation;
- initiating and implementing projects in cooperation with scientific-educational institutions and civil society organizations in the country;
- support for sports and cultural events;
- encouraging and supporting political dialogue.
Besides the personal engagement of the President, the members of the Cabinet, on his behalf, are involved in various committees, coordinating bodies and inter-ministerial groups at national level, established to promote and implement the set priorities, by giving proposals, suggestions and ideas on behalf of the President.
Cooperation with the civil society sector
The development of the civil society sector is extremely important for the development of the country’s democratic values, as well as for raising public awareness. The contribution of the civil society sector to promoting and building civic culture is also a reflection of cooperation with state institutions.
The President of the Republic of North Macedonia, in cooperation with the civil society organizations, is constantly striving for the development of the civil society and for the realization of the needs of the citizens to have a better quality life and a better future. Areas of cooperation with the civil society organizations are diverse, such as charitable and humanitarian projects, projects in the field of education, culture, environmental protection, marginalized groups and people with disabilities, democracy and civil rights.